Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Diary Entry 3: Sick Day

Dear Nobel Diary, 

      Today was the worst day. I have found out that I may die in a few days because of my sickness on dysentery. But I have a little hope. I hope that I will get to live the rest of my short life and not die from dysentery. 
      I've been on this ship for six weeks, and the only other mariner aboard with a sickness, is my closest friend Perla. Both of the boys are "fine." At least...for now. 
    My fellow mariners say that I have to stay down in the basement until we find land, or until I get better. Which won't happen. They have locked me down here in the dark, leaky, basement. At least they give me food. Once a day. 
   But I've made a new friend. He's a rat named Harry. He loves to cuddle and he isn't one of those crazy ones. I love Harry and he loves me. 
        Hopefully, we find land soon.

                                                       Sincerely,
                                                             Samantha

1 comment: